The Second Alphabetical Instalment

Hello again my lovelies,

I hope this blog post finds you well and enjoying a bit of weekend relaxation.

This week was my supposed 'less busy' one but as usual I managed to fill it up with lots of things, even today my 'day off' hasn't been of the lying bed all day variety that I had planned. This week I had lots of nice lunch dates catching up with friends, getting to know new ones, work, falling back into the exercise regime, skyping friends back home and watching a lot of Netflix... And yes I am tired and yes it has been a week where at times I have wanted to just hide in my bed for the day but by the end of the week and I think particularly end of Friday I was overwhelmingly happy.


Who says you can't make friends with salad? Had this tasty
treat from New Leaf when I caught up with a new netball friend Sarah.


A very tasty Chai Latte from Coffee Revs during my catch up with the lovely
Jennifer 
As it is the last day of February today- I can't quite believe this month has gone so fast, especially since it's one of my favs- Winter is nearly over and Spring is upon us I come to you today with my second instalment of my alphabetical countdown (you can check out the first one here) which involves the letters C and D.

The letter C on my poster stands for 'Count Your Blessings'



Butterflies are so pretty
Boy do I have a lot of blessings to count. It humbles me to even sit down here and think of them but here are a few that I choose to share with you lovely folks today.

1. Friends and Family: A simple one and a constant that I don't acknowledge as much as I should but every single friend I have no matter where they are in the globe contributes to my happiness and they alone are blessings enough to count for the rest of my life as they bring me laughter, joy, companionship, consolation even in the darkest of times and I am grateful to each and every one of them. You are all so dear to me. And I am especially blessed of late with all the new friends I'm making, It's so fun and I can't wait to get to know you all more. It's another reason why my blog posts so often make reference to coffee dates and my interactions with people as they are the bane of my life, so often my inspiration and my delight. I hope I provide a fraction of the blessing you all to do your lives as you do to mine.

2. Food: Again another seemingly simple one but I am blessed by the provisions I have to make the meals I want, to never go hungry (despite what my stomach rumbling in lectures may suggest...) and the variety of choice. These are basic day to day things that I forget to be thankful for a lot of the time but I am blessed to have this abundance when some others do not so I will aim to count this blessing more frequently and not take such 'necessities' for granted.

3. My Health: At a time when so many people are coming down with colds etc this has struck me a lot more and I want to count this great blessing that no matter how tired I am I am well. Mentally and physically healthy, in a more balanced way than I can remember in a long time. Yes I may moan about getting out of bed to go the gym or dread cardio fitness classes but I go and every time I do I find myself enjoying it and glad I went as it enables me to function not just simply get by. I want to treasure and count a blessing that is not always guaranteed and try and maintain it as a blessing I can continue to count for a long while.

These really are just a snapshot and I could have gone on for pages and pages boring you with what consider the blessings in my life but I don't do this to show off and make you think 'how great is her life' but to reinforce that when looked for and counted the blessings in your life, like for me today, often outweigh the bad elements.

I really would encourage you all to take some time in your day or week to sit down and make either a mental or physical list of all things you are blessed by be they people or opportunities, recently come into your life or newly appreciated. It's a simple gesture but I find it effective and grounding so I am grateful for this manifestation of 'c' that reminds me of how I lucky I am and keep me focused on what's important. (For a longer list in the same train of thought why not check out this past blog post of mine.)

Secondly for the letter D a much harder one 'Do The Right Thing'.


It's written in red it must be important. 


I don't even really know where to begin with this as I don't feel I am in a position to preach to you what 'the right thing is' as it is so dependent on personal belief systems, morals, and circumstance that what is 'right' for one person in one situation is very much wrong for another. I suppose what is most important then is trying to do the right thing, not selfishly at the expense of others or suffering for the right things for others that hurt yourself -trying to walk that fine line with good intentions. At least that is what my experience of trying to 'do the right thing' this month has been. Not always knowing if what you're doing is right but aiming for it to be, trying to be objective and mature about situations that my emotions just want to take over in. And not giving up on what you believe is right when it fails because that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. I guess with this representation of the letter D I would encourage you to try to do the right thing, to speak up in situations where something is wrong and to not stop trying, but being introspective of your own intentions and not beating yourself up when you do the wrong thing. None of us is perfect. Least of all me my dears which is why I won't lecture you on doing the right thing as I think it's something we all have to come to a resolution on ourselves.

Check back soon for some March related blog posts- I have a few good ones up my sleeve- and the much promised Mental Health one that I wanted to spend a bit more time and not rush it off the cuff this month.

Until then dears.

Much love,
Mx

Song Choice: Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars (Had this on repeat this week, a mood booster although I must apologise to the citizens of Sheffield for the dancing it has inspired on the way home) and Thank You - Futures

Comments

  1. Thank you for stopping me in my tracks today and making me realise how blessed I am too. The best thing is getting to know you more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Awareness Week: 'How are you?'

Ten things for ten years: World Mental Health Day 2019

Pace Yourself: The Freedom of Running